Monday, March 14, 2016

Spring To-Do List

Signs of Spring - Blossoms in our backyard

Spring has officially sprung around here, and I am loving the beautiful warm weather!  I don't know about you, but this time of year usually inspires me to tackle the long list of projects around my house that I've been putting off all Winter.

1) Refinish this little Craigslist dresser I found for our guest room.  Poor Mark uses the closets in this room (I have shamelessly taken over the master closets), and he needs some good storage. I love it's retro 60's lines and brass hardware - will look fabulous in a creamy white lacquer!


2) Replace the ceiling fans (dust traps) in guest room and office with flush mounts. Does anyone else have a husband who refuses to get rid of the ceiling fan in the bedroom? I can't stand 'em!

3) Have a small cafe curtain made for our kitchen window. I'm thinking of using this Jessica Zoob for Black Edition fabric!

4) Plant creeping Ivy along the front side of our house - I love a brick exterior crawling with vines. Oh, and while we're at it, I'd love to paint our trim white... We'll see if I can convince my other half to tackle that one.
Image via Pinterest

5) Install new front door hardware & a peep hole - why it has taken us so long to do this, I have no clue.

6) Bi-annual garage clean-out. I try to do this once in the spring and once in the fall when the weather is nice enough to be outside all day!

7) Learn to make the perfect quiche! I'm not usually into the whole "breakfast for dinner" thing, but quiche is a different story! How hard can it be? I've been watching this video of Julia Child for inspiration!
Image via Martha Stewart 

8) Plant an herb garden - If you follow me on Instagram, you'll have seen by now that I got a jump-start on this portion of the list yesterday! I planted rosemary, mint, basil, and thyme in a little pot outside our back door.

9) Overhaul our guest bedroom. It needs help badly!  Will do a long post on this transformation soon.

10) Host a spring cocktail hour for my girlfriends - Raspberry Mojitos anyone?? I saw Heather Christo speak at a luncheon a few years ago, and have been obsessed with all of her recipes ever since!

What are your spring honey-do's?

Xx
Ivy






No comments:

Post a Comment