Wednesday, February 24, 2016

WELCOME HOME!



Full Disclosure: Not my house - wish it was! 

In the spirit of the new year, I’ve finally decided to jump head-first into the blog world, which is something I've wanted to do for a long time! February has always held a special place in my heart - I started dating my husband in February (many moons ago), and began my dream job during this month as well. It is a month of new beginnings, and now a new creative outlet! 

My hope is that this space becomes a source of design inspiration for your home, a kick-in-the-pants for your inner hostess, and a respite from the doldrums of normal life. While I’m sure those of you reading this already know me (Hi, Mom!), for the sake of formality, allow me to introduce myself:


Full Name: Ivy Jean Pierce
Age: A Lady never tells...
Hometown: Oklahoma City by way of Fort Worth
Day Job: Interior Designer at 30A Home in Oklahoma City. I truly adore working for this store and transforming my clients’ houses into homes!
House-mates:
1 husband - Mark
1 pup - Greta
1 kitty - Lilly Pulitzer


I collect:
  • Blue and white chinoiserie pottery
  • Brass everything
  • Vintage cigarette lighters (for candles of course!)
  • Shiny Brite Christmas ornaments























If lost, look for me here:
  • The nearest estate sale (true life: I’m an accessories hoarder)
  • Sipping vino on the nearest patio with my gal pals
  • The French Riviera (in my dreams)



Mark & I on our honeymoon in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat


Design Inspiration:
  • My travels
  • Scouring vintage shops
  • The queen herself - Dorothy Draper
  • Old film sets - Grace Kelly’s abode in High Society is to-die-for!

Grace Kelly on set filming High Society


Now that you know a little bit about me, please feel free to stop by once in a while- I promise to entertain you!

Xx
Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment