Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Spring Spruce-Up for your Front Door


I always say a first impression lasts a lifetime, so you'd better make it a good one! I feel the same way with houses - the relation between a home's interior and exterior is one instance in which you can definitely judge a book by its cover!

I've been walking my dogs in our little neighborhood each morning and even occasional evenings in an effort to burn off some of their extra energy and enjoy the beautiful Spring weather.  As we explore the neighborhood, I play little game with myself called "what would I do if this was my house?" ... it certainly keeps me occupied! Most of the homes are completely charming and I wouldn't change a thing (ok maybe a paint color, but that's it).  Others are total makeover projects - does anyone else do this, or am I a truly crazy person?


These walks always inspire to work on the curb appeal of our little house. This past Sunday I installed a new door knocker from Waiting on Martha - one of my favorite online resources for cute decor - and it is definitely my new favorite thing about the exterior of our house, second only to the adorable mailbox we added when we moved in.  My least favorite? Our doorknob - note to self, order a new one! Below, are my favorite door knockers available online:



1)  Hexagon
2) Brass Lion Head
3) Brass Pineapple
4) Sly Fox
5) Classic round
6) Simple Midcentury

Fun fact: The pineapple has long been a symbol of hospitality - see this article for more history on the subject!

Xx
Ivy

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how something as simple as a door knocker can change the entire door. I love the black and gold theme you have going with the door and mailbox, and I think the gold pineapple really stands out over the black door. To answer your question, I have looked at doors and wondered how I would decorate them.

    Earl Mark @ Eastway Lock

    ReplyDelete