Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Lately...

I'll be the first to admit: I'm not great at describing to friends and family exactly what it is that I do all day at work. Truth be told, I am often so exhausted by the end of a long day that when asked, I sum up my work life as "it's going great, just busy with lots of fun projects" rather than going into great detail over the ins-and-outs of my day.

One of the reasons I started this blog is to chronicle these fun little details for those interested parties, and also so I can one day look back on my 27th year of life and see what I was up to at that particular point in my career.  Hopefully by that time, I'm a wildly successful designer with scads of clients and a house of my own on the French Riviera... but I digress... Here's what I've been up to lately:

This past work-week was particularly fun for me, as I had the opportunity to stage an absolutely gorgeous home that has been completely overhauled by one of my good friends and his partners.  Stagings are so great - no one actually lives in this house yet, so you can decorate with a bare-bones mentality... none of the practical stuff, just the pretty stuff.  At any rate, it's mostly about highlighting the architecture of the house and just enhancing the overall experience for potential buyers.

And this house - can we talk about this house? It is drop-dead gorgeous, and I would basically donate my first born to live here! I'm sure it will be on the market for all of a few days because the guys paid such great attention to detail. The pool, the balcony, that fireplace - it is all too good! Without further delay... a few pics:

 Master bedroom - that view! 


Such a fun wallpaper - the neutral tones are perfectly soothing for this master retreat.

Living room - awaiting a flatscreen to float above that middle shelf. 

Such a bright, sunny kitchen

Love the mix of this antique oushak rug with these contemporary swivels, the zebra wood coffee table, and a casual slipcovered sofa.  

Wouldn't mind spending a sunny afternoon out here!

Molly & Troy hanging some art in the background - I love to get a sneaky pic of them hard at work! 

Isn't this white resin stag bust amazing? Very noble in his soldier's uniform!

A bit of color in an otherwise neutral setting - love an overdyed rug.

* All furniture available through 30A Home - if you are interested in staging services - please contact me and I can send information! 


Xx
Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment